Monday, June 15, 2009

Life

Lets see...
My Dad came to visit on his way back to Alaska from Seattle. He was in Seattle finding out what they are going to do about a tumor that is growing off one of his kidneys. They are going to do some sort of radiologic procedure next month. So he came down to vegas to see Caitlin and meet his new grandbaby. It was so nice to see him again. I haven't seen him since I moved here from Alaska. My heart is breaking to see him leave again. I would give almost anything to be able to move back home and be a family again. It hurts, this searing, terrible pain... I just want to be with my family again. I want to raise my girls where I was raised. I want to be able to have dinner with my folks on the weekends again. I want to be able to have coffee with my best friend again and talk about our kids. I want to be able to drop my kids off with someone I trust so that my husband and I could have a date night.

I. Hate. Vegas.

*sigh* It doesn't matter cause I will never be able to go home.

Izzy turns 2 months today. She has her appointment this afternoon. It's a shot appointment... Something I am not looking forward to considering how very princess and the pea she is. The littlest things make her so uncomfortable. So shots are going to be great fun (ugh).

Summer is here and I'm home full time with my girls. I miss my job... but I know that this is better for the kids (and our bank account, omg daycare is expensive here) so I'm trying to remain positive and slide into this roll as a SAHM/House Wife.

I have to say I'm proud of myself for sticking to cloth diapers though. I have 17 BumGenius 3.0 one size diapers and I use them every day. They go on like a regular disposable. You just throw them in a diaper pail and wash them once in awhile. WAY to easy for so many people to still be using disposables and killing our planet. Not to mention all the chemicals in disposables up against your baby's junk! You can cloth diaper your baby with organic prefolds and some covers for super cheap, or get the one size pocket diapers like I have that grow with your baby and last you until they are potty trained... We're talking saving 2000.00 and up every year just by using cloth. It's not gross or a hassle like it was 50 years ago. If you can strap on a disposable then you can do cloth diapers. :)

/steps off her soapbox.

At least I can still do that. I had to stop pumping breast milk for Izzy due to medications I'm on for my back that could seriously harm her. I felt like such a failure because here I am, not able to breastfeed and now I can't even pump for her? I must have cried for days... BUT we found a good formula that she tolerates well and i figure I'm still doing cloth diapers and going to make my own baby food so I'm doing good stuff for her still and saving us money.

Speaking of babies.. Izzy is awake. I better try and feed her and get her back to sleep since it's 1am and she likes to keep my up all damn night.

much love,

Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you, you granola Mom!

Ammy said...

Ditto, whoever you are lol