Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Smarti Pants?

So I'm giving these lovely diapers a try:

Smartipants.com

It's a new pocket diaper thats a one size fits all. Meaning it grows with your baby from infant to toddler. It's kinda like the BumGenius 3.0's I have, but these have snaps and I heard a lot of good reviews about them on
Diaperpin.com
so I figured why not.

They should be here tomorrow or the following day, then I'll wash and use and review them on here. I'm a little daunted by snaps, I'll admit... I always used velcro/aplix cause it's just easier for me. However I'm learning from other cloth diapering mom's out there that snaps give you a better fit, more customizeable. So I figured I'd give it a shot. If I like it I'll get more Happy Heiny's and BumGenius diapers in snaps.

Mike is going to kill me if I don't stop ordering these... but at the same time it's saved us so much money. Disposeables cost so damn much per year (like 2k) where as you can reuse these, save them for the next kid, or even resell them at places like Diaperswappers.com for a really good price! I haven't used a disposable diaper in over 2 weeks. I had used one or two here and there when we were out in public. Now I just carry a ziploc freezer bag in my diaper bag to stuff a used cloth diaper in if we are out. It's no different than using a disposable cause you still have to touch a disposable to throw it away.

Plus I love Cottonbabies.com because I get my Bum Genius 3.0's there and they have some great sales/clearances every now and again on factory seconds, and thats when I stock up like crazy. All that means is they have a minor defect, like a smug of dirt from production, a crooked tag, or something you probably won't even notice. I love it! I was able to get some really awesome fleece lined Bum Genius 3.0's last time and they are much softer on Izzy's butt. Now I just need to get some in the snap version.


I recently got in touch with a old friend, Dani, whom I'd not spoken to in a very long time (due to petty bullshit fights we had a long time ago, we're both so over it) and she knits and makes the most beautiful yarn... She might make me some wool soakers for Izzy. I'd love that, seeing as they are very expensive online.
What I need to do is learn how to knit from her, then buy her yarn, knit some woolies and sell them for 30 bucks a pop and make me some money :D

Anywho. Izzy is finally taking a nap, and Caitlin is slowly falling asleep, talking to herself, but trying... I just had a glass of wine (thanks for leaving that behind Dad) and it's time to go kill some bad guys online!

Goodnight everybody!

No comments: