Friday, July 10, 2009

Review: Mommy's Touch OS

I bought a few Mommy's Touch One Size Diapers to review/demo for this blog.
I bought both the Velcro and Snap version.
I'll be reviewing the Snap version on here because I looove the velcro and it's currently in the wash due to being in heavy rotation in my diaper stash.

So here were have our Mommy's Touch One Size (OS) Snap Diaper:
From Cloth diapering

It's got a nice fleece lining (which I love, poop comes off much easier on fleece) and a waterproof outside.
And here we have our NOT so willing model, Izzy:
From Cloth diapering


She's teething at 11 weeks and not very pleased to be in the company of anything that isn't rubbing her gums. So the camera can go to hell as far as she's concerned.

This diaper is adjustable by snapping down the waist and folding it under to fix the rise. The wings also snap in on themselves:
From Cloth diapering


The pocket in the back is left open, so the insert will come out in the wash on it's own:
From Cloth diapering


On the one hand this is nice, no touching the icky insert if it's especially pee soaked. On the other hand it is annoying because you have to tuck the fleece under the gathers at the back of the diaper or it sticks out and over the waist band and wicks onto your baby's clothing:
From Cloth diapering

Here it is snapped down to ALMOST the smallest setting. The wings can overlay if need be:
From Cloth diapering

The only problem I've really had is the inside wings sometimes droop down and leave gaps:
From Cloth diapering

Which I only noticed when she was sitting up in her car seat and the inside of her diaper was hanging out. Took me a second to figure out why.

All in all, Mommy's Touch Diapers are really nice. I prefer the adjustibility of the velcro version over the snaps. Every baby's body is different and sometimes the snaps aren't in the right position to give a excellent fit. I use the velcro version in heavy rotation with my BumGenius 3.0's. The fleece lining is a plus and they have so many cute colors and prints.

I buy my Mommy's Touch Diapers from Nicki's Diapers as well as my Happy Heiny's which I will review in my next blog. She's also got a great clearance sale page you should really check out.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Wilkins said...

THANK YOU for the play by play on adjusting these diapers down to the smallest settings! I found you via a Google image search.