Friday, August 14, 2009

Fear not!

I am so sorry I've not been posting my usual reviews, dear hearts.
Life has been hectic these days.

As most of you know, I had to leave a promising career with my company to stay home with the girls. Daycare in Nevada was just to expensive (250 a week for a baby???) and to put our Isabella in daycare full time and pay for our Caity-bug to go to after school programs and summer daycare was going to cost MORE than I was making. So we made the decision for me to stay home, cut costs where we can and do our very best to make it on one not so great income.

My husband works very hard, and has a very high stress job on the Las Vegas strip for one of the top luxury resorts. However, when the economy took a nosedive, the company cut ALL the employee's pay, even their executives took a 20% cut! They could have just fired everybody, but they tried to keep everyone's jobs instead and cut back wages.

So with tourism at a all time low in Vegas, and our unemployment rates being the highest in the country, we are struggling.

What I usually do is buy one diaper to demo for you guys at a time. If I like it, I keep it. If I'm fond of it but it's not perfect for Izzy, I pass it on and/or trade it for something else to demo for you lovely readers. With money as tight as it is, I haven't been able to afford much to do my readers. I have sold a lot of my current favs to pay for some BSRB's and wool because the fitteds work so much better for DD. The pockets just don't fit her tiny little body very well... All the diapers I buy now, I pay for with PayPal from selling other diapers.

Except for tonight's stocking, Joyce you'll be the death of me...

Anywho. Once things pick back up I swear I'll get some more products up for you. If any manufacturers or WAHM would like to send me a diaper to demo for my faithful readers, feel free. I have a lot of followers on Babycenter.com and if your diaper is awesome, I can get the word out for you among the cloth diaper addicts :)

Now for my fellow cloth diapering mamas....

Leave me a comment of what items you would like me to demo for you. Diapers, covers, how to fold, pin, snappi. Whatever you're curious about and I will do my best to make it happen for you.

I have my Good Mama review in pictures ready to go, just need to type it. I also will be doing the BumGenius 3.0 soon as well as a few wool and fleece WAHM covers I'm waiting on.

Goodnight Ladies and Gents, and God Bless you and your families in these hard times.

Sarah

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, Sarah! I love your blog! I always look before I buy a new dipe! I'd like to see FuzziBuns and Kooshie Keister (sp?). Thanks! I really hope you start making some $$$ off this blog. You do a really good job! :)
~Amanda
(2monkeys'momma)

Sarah said...

Awww, thanks Amanda.
While it would be nice to make some money somehow (especially right now)... Money isn't important.
Helping other mom's is all I care about. :)

Sarah said...

I will work on a OS fuzzibunz and sized fuzzibunz this week.
Kooshie Keister I am on the fence about due to some alleged unsportsman like conduct the "creator" has committed. PAN me and I'll explain...

Erin P. said...

hang in there! Staying home with your kids has so many other benefits too that in the long run you will really appreciate these lean times. I would love you to do a point by point break down of why you love BSRB more than Good Mama. Thanks!

Kyla said...

Sarah, I really enjoy your blog. Though I just started reading it a couple updates ago. I am a BBC follower and cloth addict as well:) I was wondering if you could show how to use a pin better? I just can't seem to figure it out on my BSRB's. Also, are there any pins you recommend? I don't know if they're all the same or not. Thanks so much! I hope your financial troubles are soon behind you. I definately know how you're feeling.