Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm on a roll tonight

This not sleeping thing has benefits.

I wanted to post about detergents for cloth diapering. It's very important to avoid detergents that contain brighteners, whiteners, bleach, enzymes or any such "enchancements". These things can cause soap residue to build up, compound ammonia smell, and cause your diapers to repel wetness rather than absorb them...

So which detergents are safe?

Pinstripes and Polkadots has a really good list of good and bad detergents and at the very bottom explains why some cause issues with cloth diapers. What might be a major problem for a prefold, could be even worse for your pockets. Check out the link above!

(ps. I use Liquid Planet. I love it, it works great, and it's for both standard and HE machines!)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am a big fan of Allen's Naturally. That stuff rocks! Expensive, but you don't use much.

Winkydinks said...

My favorite is Crunchy Clean! A WAHM product to boot! :)

Sarah said...

I have a sample of Allen's from cottonbabies.com I need to try.

Crunchy Clean I've heard good things about. I totally need to give them a try too. I pay 10 bucks for a little bottle of planet liquid clean

Gertrude said...

Personally I used Costco Environmentally friendly with a scoop of OxyClean or Sun Oxygen Cleaner - both worked really well. And sunning diapers...cannot stress that enough.