Monday, September 14, 2009

Little Fancy Pants review and blog update

Here's a short and sweet review to tide you guys over for a few days. I'm sorry I've been slacking. Things have been crazy around my house.
Also, I went ahead and created a separate video channel for the blog to feature Cloth Diaper demonstrations. That way you guys can just watch specific videos rather than all my silly Izzy videos :P

I recently purchased a fitted diaper from Little Fancy Pants out of curiosity. I'm always looking for new kinds of fitted diapers and I had heard that these were worth a try. This particular diaper I purchased is a one size, bamboo/cotton fleece fitted diaper with a snap fit rise and a snap in soaker. It is almost like a combination of a Good Mama and a BSRB. They also make a one size without snaps that you can secure with a snappi or pins... but I wanted to try a snap version
There are some very cute prints and this is the one I chose:
From Cloth diapering

The outside is a 100% jersey cotton knit print, and the inside the diaper (the guts is you will) are bamboo and organic cotton fleece. The lining of the diaper is made from a cotton and polyester blend velour. As you can see, the snapping is very close to a Good Mama diaper, and the soaker snaps into the back of the diaper:
From Cloth diapering

To adjust the rise you simply fold it down and snap as you please. I should note, that you don't have to snap the same on both side. I'm very anal and like to snap exactly the same on both. If I snap 2 snaps in on the left, I'll do the same on the right. But you don't HAVE to, just snap wherever you get a good fit:
From Cloth diapering

Folding down the rise, the wings were still pretty high, which I liked:
From Cloth diapering

The material is soft, and so are the leg gussets. No red marks here, which I find I get sometime with a pocket diaper or all in ones that have the waterproof shell:
From Cloth diapering

There was quite a bit of extra fabric on the booty. Izzy had a very fluffy butt. Sorry for the blurry pic, but the kid was movin a LOT:
From Cloth diapering

However, Fluffy butts are cute, so I didn't mind:
From Cloth diapering


I really like the cut and style of this diaper. The fabrics used are very soft, and the diaper itself is pretty well constructed. I washed it a few times and no pilling or stray threads so far.

Now, as far as absorbency, I'm sad to say this diaper didn't hold up so well. After washing a few times to break it in, I still had leaks and soak through with her wool and fleece covers after just one pee. I found myself having to change it right away, and unlike my BSRB or Good Mama diapers, I could not leave her without a cover... The diaper itself is a little thin, and the soakers just aren't beefy enough to hold up to even a moderate soaker, let alone a super soaker. I love, love, love everything else about the diaper though. The colors, the softness, the design, the fact it doesn't leave marks on my baby... but for $2 more dollars I can get more absorbent fitted diaper.
I am, however, interested to try one of Little Fancy Pant's All Nighter's because it has a lot more absorbent material and I'm always on the look out for a good absorbent night time diaper.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We have a surprise coming this week, a review of Bubu Bebe fitted diaper that was generously gifted to me by a fellow cloth diaper mama, Jessica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was the bubu bebe diaper?