Friday, September 4, 2009

Touched

Cloth diapering parents are some of the nicest people I know. Seriously.

I'm part of a group over on Babycenter.com and I vented my frustrations about the economy, not having enough money for rent and our bills, and how I would have to sell a big chunk of my diaper stash to be able to pay some bills and buy formula next week. Fully intended to just vent, get it off my chest, and move on.

I was totally moved by the outpouring of offers to send diapers, coupons, gas cards anything these ladies could do to help us out. I feel so blessed to have made such wonderful friends as these... These ladies are so sweet and kind, half of them in the same position financially as I am, and still wanting to lend a hand. I feel like they are my Angels.

It really is a amazing thing that a bunch of like minded women (and a few dudes :p )who share a hobby and a passion, are so willing to help each other out. Really awesome. Just goes to show you, with all the horrible things we see on the news, that people /are/ good at heart and capable of so much compassion and warmth.

Thank you, everybody who has offered to help us out through this difficult time. I appreciate the thought so much. We will be okay and we'll pull through this little dip in the road like we always do. If you still feel the need to help /somebody/ how about your local women's shelter or domestic violence shelter? They are always looking for simple things like toiletries, socks and undies, baby clothes and toys, even your unused coupons! There are a lot of people who are a lot worse off than you and I right now that could use a little love and understanding.

The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful, hard working husband, 2 beautiful little girls, and a sea of amazing friends (some of who I've yet to meet). I can't help but feel very, very lucky.

From More Bella

1 comment:

kyla426 said...

It's important to count your blessing and remember there is always someone worse off.