Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BuBu BeBe One Size Diaper

I recently aquired a Bubu Bebe one size diaper, or B4 for short, from my friend Jessica. I've been meaning to throw up a quick review/demo on it so here goes:

As always, our lovely Izzy will be modeling this dipe:
From Cloth diapering


This diaper is like a cross between a BSRB and a Good Mama. It's got a variety of outer shells, from a cotton knit, bamboo velour or minkee. Sandwiched inside is a hidden layer of hemp and/or bamboo fleece:
From Cloth diapering

The multi-size you can snap down for a newborn, much like a BumGenius:
From Cloth diapering

It also has a row across the top that you can fold down like you would on a Good Mama diaper
Now what makes the B4 unique is the system of "snap as you grow" soakers. Each soaker is made up of 2 layers of bamboo or hemp fleece and one layer of bamboo or cotton velour. They wash up really well and dry very quickly. There are three soakers. A newborn, a medium size and a large. You can customize the level of protection you want by snapping them all together. It's /very/ nice:
From Cloth diapering

For Izzy, I folded down the rise and snapped across. The material is sooo soft:
From Cloth diapering

And we got a GREAT fit around the legs, no gaps at all:
From Cloth diapering


I am VERY impressed with this diaper. I love the softness and the ability to be able to customize the absorbency almost like a pocket diaper. Speaking of absorbency, I would rank these as high as a BSRB if not higher. Yes... you all know I love my BSRB's but these are a very, very close second. They fit well, they aren't to bulky, and MAN do they hold up well overnight.

Every stash should include a Bubu Bebe Diaper

Thank you so much, Jessica, for sending me this awesome diaper.

From Cloth diapering

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You are very welcome!! Izzy looks fabulous in it. I am very glad you loved it like I do. They have become my absolutely favorite fitteds. And she is going to be doing turned and topstitched diapers soon... for all the GM T&T fans.

Veronica said...

Thanks for the review! I was interested in trying this one but wasn't sure if it was going to be super bulky. Now I might have to get one :)

Aimee said...

After reading your review, I ordered a newborn sized diaper for my Peanut, due in April. I got it yesterday, and not only is it about the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life, it's beautifully soft. I soaked the soakers, and they seem really absorbent! I was planning on doing all prefolds and covers, but this little diaper looks so wonderful that I ordered two more, and I can't wait to use them!