Monday, November 2, 2009

Bid for the Berkys

My friends on Babycenter.com made me aware of a charity auction to benefit the family of a fallen soldier.

Taken from the auction website:
"On September 12th, 2009, the world lost a hero.


Bryan Berky, a United States Air Force Staff Sergeant, was killed while serving his country in Afghanistan. He leaves behind his wife Erin and their son, Harrison, both of whom we want to help however we can. 100% of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go directly to Erin and Harrison to help them through this decidedly difficult time.

We appreciate everyone's support in this effort! "

Since Novemeber is National Military Family Appreciation Month, I'd like to feature this auction on my blog, if only by post. I encourage you all to visit Bid for the Berkys on November 11th, 2009 and make a bid or a monetary donation to help this family.

Even if you don't support the war, please support this family. Erin and Bryan have a very young son who will never know his father past infancy, and Erin has so much to deal with in the wake of her husband's passing... lets help bring a little compassion into her life and help this family out.

I'll be reviewing some WAHM products next week :) I am back from vacation finally :)

No comments: