Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spotlight WAHM: Meg from Cow Patties Diapers

So I've decided to do a little something special on Rambles & Shambles. Every month I'm going to feature a WAHM and her products. I know a lot of wonderful and talented Moms out there who make some amazing products that are as good, if not better, then the mass produced diapers of today.

This month (I know, it's a short notice kinda post) I'm featuring a wonderful mama named Megan. Megan is the mastermind behind Cow Patties Cloth Diapers. She has 3 children and came up with the idea to make her own diapers 2.5 years ago while on the hunt for cloth diapers for her oldest. Seeing that there wasn't much of a selection of cute, absorbent cloth diapers for people on a tight budget. Megan makes all in ones, pockets, covers, and many more cute, stylish and affordable diapers. I'm going to review her Famous Pocket Fitted.

From Cloth diapering


This diaper is made of two full body layers of bamboo fleece, then a cotton knit full body layer. The insert is a long bamboo fleece 2 layer insert that no matter how it's folded it makes 8 layers:
From Cloth diapering

I LOVE the way the insert is made because it allows me to fold it thicker in the front for my heavy wetting, tummy sleeping little girl.

The thing that sets these fitteds apart for the rest is the fact it's a pocket too! The insert goes in the front of the diaper rather then the back:
From Cloth diapering

I love how buttery soft the bamboo fleece washes up, and the fact that these are sized diapers gives me a optimal fit on my long, lanky Izzy:
From Cloth diapering

The leg openings are snug, but not super tight and I've had NO gaps whatsoever:
From Cloth diapering

Izzy certainly approves of her new, soft, trim pocket fitted:
From Cloth diapering

Now for the demo deets...
Hold onto your seats people...
I love this diaper more than my BSRBS. Yup. You heard me.
Not only are they more affordable ($14.00 a piece), they are softer, stretchier, and more absorbent. When I get a new product to demo, I prep it and then put it on Izzy and see how long we go without a leak (barring she has no rash and no poopy). Izzy went 3.5 hours with no leaks, no dampness, before I decided I'd better changer her and check this diaper out. The insert had wicked ALL the moisture away from Izzy and yet the diaper itself was bone dry. The insert was damp, but not soaked. I was shocked! I've never had a fitted diaper go this long without a cover and no leaks!I could have gone much much longer too. Even my BSRB's get damp after 2 or 3 hours. Not so with Cow Patties Famous Pocket Fitted Diapers.
With all this in mind, I am currently in the process of buying more Cow Patties Famous Pocket Fitted Diapers to replace pretty much every other fitted I own... They are THAT good.
I highly recommend these diapers and I suggest you check out her website and order your famous pocket fitted today!

From Cloth diapering

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I am not doing fitteds anymore, but I do really love her AIOs. She does an amazing job of satisfying her customers. I'm very happy with my diapers. And the prints are really cute, too!! I have a turquoise one with a zebra print inner.

Amanda said...

They are my absolute favorite as well. I am ordering 10 more! I wash my Cowpatties EVERY DAY so that I can use it again the next day. I love this pocket fitted more than any other diaper I have tried. I have tried pretty much every fitted out there and these beat the socks off my GMs and BSRBs. I can't believe the softness and absorbency. My husband loves the unique pocket design as well. I would love for my entire stash to be replaced with these!

Megs said...

Thank you for the awesome review! Izzy is quite the fabulous model!

Stephie C said...

YAY so happy about the great review! I just got notified that my girl starter set is on it's way! Cannot wait to see them in person and of course try them out on my little Lainey due in March :)

Abby said...

Wow, thanks for picking Cow Patties to review! I've been eyeing them for a while but am always hesitant to buy sized diapers. But I love fitteds and always had these in the back of my mind.

I think its finally time to buy a few!

And what a adorable fit model you've got! I love her expression in the last picture!

WingedK said...

I love that last picture of Izzy! How cute! Thanks for the review can't wait to take a look at those dipes myself!

Julie said...

I'm just jumping in with how much I love these diapers too! I only have one so far but it is the best diaper I have and lasts Margot all night (and she goes up to 14 hours between diaper changes at night!).

Melissa said...

Love love LOVE my Cowpatties Bamboo Pockets! Soft, well-made, terribly absorbent, and cute too!

I can't wait to try the new insert design - it looks like just what I need to customize absorbency for overnight!!!

Great work Megan!

Sarah said...

seriously, I am using them overnight now. Screw my pockets :P
I had one on my heavy wetter overnight and not one leak. The outside wasn't even DAMP, just the insert! I am going to be buying more of these someday soon.