Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Revisiting Little Fancy Pants.

Let's hop in the wayback machine for a moment and take a look at a review I did back in September 2009.

I have been asked to do a new review of Little Fancy Pants Diapers since Leah has redesigned her bamboo fitteds. Of course I couldn't say no at the chance to review some new fluff. Besides, I liked the older version, the way it fit and the cute style so I was excited to give it another go. I got action shots, but I forgot to take actual product shots.
From Cloth diapering


This is the exact diaper Izzy is wearing for our demo. You can see it's a serged bamboo fitted with a snap down rise and snap in soaker.

The new LFP Bamboo fitted has a cute outter print 100% cotton jersey knit, and hidden inside is a layer of 90% organic cotton, and the inside is 90% cotton, 10% polyester velour.
The new soaker is 2 layers that are sewn at the top and snap in with 2 hidden snaps. It's comprised of a layer of velour, a layer of organic bamboo fleece and a layer of organic cotton fleece, making the diaper MUCH more absorbent than it's predecessor.

The fit is still very trim and snuggly against baby's bottom:
From Cloth diapering

and as usual no gapping:
From Cloth diapering



Overall I have to say I was very impressed with the modifications Leah has made to her fitted diaper. She managed to keep the same cute and trim diaper but with much more absorbency than before. I love how soft it got after it was washed a few times, and the snaps are spaced pretty well for a good fit. As far as absorbency compared to my other fitteds, it's far better than Thirsties Fab Fitteds or bumGenius Bamboo Fitteds. Still not quite as absorbent as a BSRB but it's getting there. Izzy is a heavy soaker though, so she usually has hemp boosters in most of her diapers. Of course you will need a cover for this particular diaper.

Definitely check out Little Fancy Pants for some really affordable and cute fitted diapers. You won't find a trimmer fitted outside of a BSRB
From Cloth diapering


Next up is our review of Bouche Bumz!

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Valeria said...

I just went on her hyena cart and she had some in stock! I bought one :) Thanks for the great reviews mama! -valeriapea on bbc