Saturday, July 17, 2010

BG 4.0

Well they came in the mail yesterday! I was all excited despite the delivery guy ringing my doorbell 8 times and banging on my door...

I opened the package and did my usual "YAY for FLUFF!" dance as I pulled out my new bumGenius 4.0 One size Diapers I bought the regular applix version, a staple in our house, and a snaps version that I had never tried.

That's were my excitement wore off.

The packaging looked different, but thats about it. They looked just like my old BG's. The only difference I could see was a slightly wider applix strip and a better laundry tab. The rise looked the same, and it was only a little big wider. I was really kinda disappointed that there weren't some huge and wonderful changes to accompany all the hype.

That being said, I have them in the washer right now being prepped. I expect the same great fit and absorbency, as BG's are pretty wonderful diapers. I expect them to work great just like always. I guess the only true test will be to see how the new applix holds up.

So I am sorry that I don't have a huge "Oh my gosh these diapers are amaaaaazing" post for you. I feel it would be redundant since we already know how awesome these diapers usually are.

I will post pictures later of how the applix holds up. I have high hopes for it because it /does/ look much thicker and a little wider.

6 comments:

The Cummings Family said...

I felt this way the day they made their "big" announcement. I felt it was a lot of hype for stuff other companies have already introduced!

Melissa said...

I got mine too but haven't washed it yet. I got one of the light colors and it almost looks white ( I hate white!).
I, too, have high hopes for the new applix. We'll see!

Jessica said...

I think pretty much everybody would love the BG diapers, unless you have fatty fat babies or they have super long torsos. I do like that they come in snaps now.

At least there's that.

Sarah said...

Jessica that's us pretty much.
Izzy has a super long torso so they don't always fit her great.

I love BG and all. I think we all just were expecting something a little more awesome for all the hype they had going, kwim?

So far the new applix is holding up well. and i love the snaps version too. Especially with the 16 month old learning how to take her diapers off :P

Sorcha said...

I was just considering changing my blog's name and one of the names I considered was Rambles and Shambles. I googled it to check if it was taken and of course I ended up here. But weirdly we have the same layout too and the same name (mine's the Irish version). Weird or what?

Sarah said...

Sorcha: How crazy is that?
You are beautiful btw! What lovely eyes!